About Kristin

I am a student at the University of South Carolina and a member of the first class of the International Business of the Americas cohort. As an IBA member, I will spend two semesters studying abroad at FEN, UChile's business school in Santiago de Chile. My majors are International Business and Economics and my minor is Spanish.

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Snapshots of Chilean Patagonia

Hi everyone! This blog post is a special treat, showcasing the beauty of what I consider to be one of the natural wonders of the world, Chilean Patagonia. My brother and I traveled to Punta Arenas last week, staying in the city each night but taking day tours to some of the amazing sites (and sights) all around the far south of Chile. I wish I had better photography equipment and skill to really prove how awe-inspiring all of the sights were, but here is as much as I was able to capture.

The view from the gas station in Puerto Natales.... yes, seriously

La Silla del Diablo (the devil's seat) - if you look closely, you see what could be the devil's profile on the right. The people of the Natales region seem to find faces and figures in almost all natural structures.

Just a part of the long road to Torres del Paine

The view from the La Cueva del Milodon (the milodon cave) where Patagonia's largest mammals once lived


Do as the milodons do
A mirador (look out point) over Lago Toro and Torres del Paine

We made it to the national park! A long morning was well spent getting us there.

Icebergs and glaciers in Torres del Paine

My best attempt at taking an artsy photo of the beach and trail leading to the icebergs
Street pets of Chile, cat that lives on an island on a lake inside Torres del Paine edition

Essentially my future home... the cutest little island house in Torres del Paine

Proof that we sat in the front row of the van and had the best views of Torres del Paine

The waterfall I feared I would lose my phone in due to the wind

Horns!

The TDP money shot, only partially obstructed by clouds

Ferry to Tierra del Fuego

Everybody wants to sail to Tierra del Fuego

Street pets of Chile, dog with dreadlocks edition

Street pets of Chile, please complete our photo edition

Cute homes and cute trees of Porvenir

Stumbling on a parade

Our tour guide thought this town square was notable as it is the only town square in Chile that offers free wifi

I think the Porvenir Plaza de Armas is also notable for its cuteness

I guess I can't consider the dogs or the sheep to be street pets of Chile

Gone bird watching

Going to consider these penguins to be street pets of Chile

Perfectly nugget-shaped baby penguin

Shout out to the park employee who let me take photos through his telescope

I feel you, bud

King penguins are my new favorite street pets of Chile

I just can't get over how big and fluffy baby penguins are and how they look like headless blobs from far away

A steamboat, many years since its last voyage

Street pets of Chile, must guard Hernando de Magallanes statue in Punta Arenas' Plaza de Armas edition

Punta Arenas port

This eagle definitely doesn't want to be a street pet of Chile


No comments:

Post a Comment